The Center for Success and Independence hosts educational events to keep healthcare professionals, parents, and community members informed on topics related to teen substance abuse and mental health issues.
We believe ongoing education is critical to improving awareness and understanding of these issues, their causes, and the latest treatment options, so we can collectively help these teens reach their highest potential.
We are proud to be an approved Continuing Education (CE) provider, certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services to offer CE hours to:
• Licensed Social Workers (LSW)
• Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselors (LCDC)
• Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC)
CE topics range from the latest threats to today’s teens – including the prescription drug abuse crisis and teen trafficking – to proven, evidence-based treatment programs that are bringing new hope to teens and families in crisis.
Attendees find our educational events also offer a valuable opportunity for networking, putting them in touch with a diverse group of professionals and organizations who support the Center and share a common goal: to improve the health and well-being of youth in need.
Request a Presentation
Our team is available to speak to healthcare providers, law enforcement members, teachers, counselors, parents, students and other groups on topics related to teen substance abuse and mental health issues.
Just a few of the topics we are prepared to present include:
- Teens and Prescription Drug Abuse – The Warning Signs and the Risks of Untreated Addiction
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for Adolescents
- The Effects of Trauma on Teens – Coping Without Substance Abuse
- The Most Common Mental Health Issues in Teens
We welcome suggestions on topics of interest to you or your organization.
For more information, contact email@example.com.